Today is a travel day — back to the train again, since we’re returning to New York — which means, as always, limited access to the players and no access to the non-walkthrough “practice game”. Here, then, are some other things to look at as you get ready for the season opener. Also, be sure to stop by tomorrow, as I’ll be posting from the Meadowlands before and during the game.
- Skin Patrol at Hogs Haven does a pregame Q&A with a Giants blogger. Everything is much more civil and informative than the general view of “the wild frontier of blogging” would have you believe.
- Channel 4’s Lindsay Czarniak and the Washington Times’s Ryan O’Halloran get all Pardon The Interruption in point/counterpoint on assorted Redskins topics, only in text format, and without the constant, looming threat of the penguin dance.
- Murph at Homer McFanboy offers a more positive farewell to Derrick Frost than some of the others we’ve seen. Also, one last “Frost” pun to send us home.
- The guys at Mr. Irrelevant notice some genuinely surprising statistics about Mark Moseley vs. Shaun Suisham, as well as an excellent McDonald’s commercial.
- And speaking of Moseleys, Matt Moseley at ESPN.com has a few interesting quotes from Jason Campbell on the preseason, as a trailer for an upcoming longer piece . His “NFC Beast” is one of those terms that just doesn’t seem as funny as it should, for whatever reason.