Strange, sad day at Redskins Park, for obvious reasons, but the team did practice as normal.
- Shorts and shells only for practice, but that’s not to say that it was an easy one. “That was a tough practice,” said Chris Cooley, walking off the field. “Harder than usual, anyhow.”
- Worked out better than yesterday for Shaun Suisham, though. After yesterday’s miss, special teams practice today ended with Suisham drilling a field goal as “time” expired, straight through the uprights.
- A down play for Marcus Mason away from the ball. In with the scout team offense, Mason ran out into the flat to receive a pass, leaving Khary Campbell with a clear path to the quarterback. The shouts from the group of coaches were quick and clear: “Marcus! How do you not see 50? He’s the linebacker rushing the quarterback, how do you miss him?!?”
- Carlos Rogers continues to look good, with another interception in 7-on-7 drills today. No picture again, though, so you’ll just have to take my word for it.
- Reed Doughty got beaten again at the corner of the endzone, another rainbow pass from Todd Collins dropping straight into the corner. He made up for it a couple of plays later, though, maintaining focus on a multiply batted ball for an interception.